Friday, December 2, 2011

Small Stuff - Big Motivation

Darling boy is coming to visit next month - Yay!  He's bringing a friend - yikes!  Don't get me wrong we are excited to be meeting her but don't want to scare her off with all our cr**.  So now I have a time frame for putting a real dent into the mess.  What I've noticed is that I really have to be aware of NOT thinking about the Small Stiff project as a whole.  When I get a mental picture the different areas of cr** I have to shut an imaginary door and not think about anything other than the cows currently being herded in the laundry room.

Okay...here's where we left off in the laundry room...
 Can't really see the cows (there's 2)  I kept working on the baskets of clothes, straight to the washer to be donated or the trash.  This time I found a couple of items to keep.  Darling man will be getting one for a Christmas gift, heh, heh.  Found some strange things, too.  See that neatly folded piece of blue on the Dirt Devil box?  I've been thinking all along that it is a tablecloth so I was surprised to discover a very large pair of hospital scrubs...I have no idea where they came from!
 I found the shirt I embellished for a FISH themed party held shortly after I started working at the job I was laid off from last year.  I suspect showing up in this shirt hinted to my new co-workers that I might be a little less "quiet" than first impressions implied!  Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking... 
Still, it's pretty cute for felt basted on a t-shirt, if I do say so myself.  Also in this batch, 2 crafty things that I added to my crafty things collection.  Doesn't mean they're safe since that stuff will get winnowed out, too! 
And last...there was a single hot pink sock and a pillow case tied in a knot.  I wonder if I could write a silly poem about this????
  Please, tell me!  Why on earth would I tie a knot in a pillowcase???

Hey, hey, there's more clear floor showing!  And yes, I did just sit the Dirt Devil box on one of the other boxes to make the clear spot bigger!
 I'll be done with school for the semester in a week and a half and am really looking forward to having more time for a few weeks (I'll need it!)