Saturday, April 9, 2016

H is for Haiku


H is for the surprisingly few words in Magnetic Poetry that begin with H. I was having a hard time coming up with a topic for today so I decided to combine the A to Z with playing with the Magnetic Poetry I unpacked recently - the refrigerator being a big blank slate since we haven't lived here long enough to junk it up. I wanted to see if I could make a poem using only H words. 

The only words I didn't use were here, hot and has. Like I said, not a lot to choose from. Then I remembered Haiku, the Japanese poem consisting of 3 lines, with syllable counts of 5, 7, 5. Classical Haiku has a seasonal reference. Darling man came up with this phrase the other day: rain shower rhythm. Aha, 5 syllables, so I used that to make

Then I looked at the H poem and hey, it has 17 syllables, too. I rearranged the lines a little and tada! 

H is for H Haiku.