Monday, April 3, 2017

B is for Being Bad


Let me preface today's thought. I have been on an intentional path of self improvement for many years. Yet I never seem to get to where I want to be even though in so many ways life is better. I am pretty darn great, actually.. The resistance and self sabotage sisters are never too far away, lurking around corners ready to pounce when I take another step out of my comfort zone. I grow despite the efforts of those two but without them progress would be so much more efficient, don't you think?

That said, B is for Being Bad.

The idea of Being Bad came yesterday while I was driving alone, as it often does. Being Bad as in let's stop at Sonic and get some ice cream. I don't actually want ice cream...or cookies...or candy...or whatever, Or when I sat down to write this, for instance, and the lure of vegging out with netflix sounded really good even though I "want" to write. I just want to Be Bad. Because by Being Bad I can straddle the line between reaching my full potential and staying where I am (or going in reverse).

Why the heck is it so scary to think about being all I can be?

Bonus word! B is for Breakfast and you can read about that here