Wednesday, April 26, 2017

V is for Vulnerability


This is one of those concepts that I struggle with. Right there in the same box with surrender and grace and unconditional love. All related I'm betting like threads woven together. Wool threads, woven together and felted. So tightly bound that if I can touch just one, all will be revealed.

I mean being vulnerable means being open to attack. Being willing to receive hurts in order to also receive blessings. It doesn't work both ways. It's also a matter of degree, I think. I'm open to this much (tiny bit) hurt so I get this much (equal tiny bit) blessing. Have to find the balance I can live with, that will be good enough. 

Except what if I want more than good enough? What if I want everything?

Bonus Word: don't know yet but it will be at the Radiant Recovery Community Forum.