Wednesday, April 12, 2017

J is for Judgement and Justification


These two seem to go together. I used to be consumed by a fear of being judged. To be found lacking and have my unworthiness shown to the world. And when feeling judged, the justification starts. Twisting and contorting in a desperate attempt to justify my existence and not be reduced to the nothing I believed I was.

Now judgement is tolerable. I know I won't burst into flames or land in hell. If justification starts its yammering I know it's time to step back and do a reality check. If I'm trying to justify my behavior there is likely truth in the judgement and I need to find and accept my part. And go on from there being better.

Bonus Words at the Radiant Recovery Community Forum: J is for Journal and Justas. Read it here